Why choose the Rotherham NHS Walk-in Centre?
As a walk-in centre we help people with busy lifestyles who are looking for flexible and convenient access to healthcare. There’s no need to make an appointment, you don’t need to register – you don’t even need to be local. Just come in and see us. We can offer advice and treatment for general health problems and minor issues needing immediate attention.
Our walk-in service offers treatment, information and advice for a range of minor illnesses and injuries. It’s open every day from 8am-9pm, including bank holidays (except Christmas Day).
We can treat/provide:
- chlamydia screening
- cuts and grazes
- minor scalds and burns
- strains and sprains
- bites and stings
- ear and throat infections
- emergency contraception
- minor skin infections and rashes
- minor eye conditions and infections
- stomach upsets
- dressings service
- coughs, colds and flu-like symptoms
- other minor common illnesses
Please note, we cannot help with:
- serious medical emergencies posing an immediate threat to a person’s health or life
- road traffic accident injury
- serious head injury - loss of consciousness
- overdoses of drugs or accidental drinking of chemicals
- severe allergic reaction
- doctor’s certificates
- repeat prescriptions
- emergency care following an operation
If it is an emergency, you will need to go to your local accident and emergency (A&E) department.
We also cannot provide doctor’s certificates or repeat prescriptions. In these instances you will need to make an appointment with your own GP.